February is the month of love, and this year the Barrington Area Conservation Trust invites the community to celebrate the beautiful open spaces and landscape we enjoy during “Love Our Land” week, from February 12-16.
Each day will feature inspiring stories from local landowners who love their land, and BACT will offer different activities to celebrate our land and increase awareness of the work that BACT does to protect it.
- Sunday, February 12 Love Our Land kicks off with our partner LL Bean at their store at the Arboretum. Come on over and visit!
- Monday, February 13 – Love Our Land week features with stories from local landowners and a Teens4Green (Youth Advisory Board) fundraiser.
- Tuesday, February 14 – Instead of flowers this Valentine’s Day, show your love for nature and donate $75 to BACT (only $50 for current members) and we’ll deliver a “Suet for Your Sweetie” right to your home (60010 zip code)! This cute, heart-shaped suet birdfeeder will feed lots of wildlife this winter and celebrate your love of the environment. More
- Wednesday, February 15 – We will honor Freddie Pederson with an invitation-only reception at the Garlands to celebrate her generous donation that allowed BACT to purchase Pederson Preserve.
- Thursday, February 16 – BACT will host an Open House reception at the White House for our volunteers and the community 3:00-5:00 pm. Everyone’s invited!